Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happiness

When I was a kid, I thought the best wish possible is to be happy. I figured out that it covers everything in life that I might ever want. It’s just that it sometimes feels like a complicated task to do, what is it that I need to be happy? Some people would say that all I need is money. I don’t think that happiness is just about money as I see so many people that have money and still aren't happy. I think that sometimes we don’t know how to get what we want or how to fix things that we don't want. At the end, we buy a TV or a new car hoping that it will make us happy and get surprised that the happiness does not last. The new TV or car’s enjoyment wears out and we are again where we started.

I want more long lasting fix. Happiness that is there all the time, the feeling that I want to get up in the morning and enjoy the day. The feeling that everything is on the right track and life is good.

I think that happiness is about progress. We want a proof that life is on the right track to get better and better. It’s also about respect (see Image and Appreciation), we want to be looked up to not down at. And it’s about love. We want to be cared about and wanted. We also want security. We want to be confident that our life is stable and that our happiness will last. And we want health to have the energy to enjoy our life (see Listening to our body).

I’m not saying all of it is necessary even though it would be nice. I’m saying that all of the above affect our happiness. Luckily, these are common things in life that a lot of people have, we just need to know how to get it and then not to forget how we went about it.