Friday, June 10, 2011

Listening to our body

I’m not a doctor but I know how health is important to our happiness (see Happiness). Good health gives us energy to do more and enjoy more. That’s why it’s important to listen to our body. To notice what it likes and what it doesn’t like, what gives us more energy and less energy. I don’t mean instant enjoyment, I mean a lasting result with no side effects. If we aren't sure I believe that it's safe to have everything in moderation, that is, not too much of anything.

From my own experience, I trained myself to ignore my body and switch off to pain, whether through ignorance or through pain killers. Then it got a bit too much and I realised I need to do something because I want to be pain free and full of energy. I’ve noticed that my body reacts to what I do, whether it’s a different position I sit or different food I eat. It also helps when my pain gets serious and I need to see the doctor, I know exactly what is happening and help the doctor with the diagnosis.

Our health is very important, it gives us more energy and more happiness because we feel good and it can even makes look more beautiful.

Would you like to know your friends' opinion? Why not to share our Facebook post and find out what they think.